On a more positive note, the car is back, shining and all is forgiven. I think my only option now is to run it until it stops running. The temptation has been to replace it or do away with it alltogether and yet, that is not really in the spirit of downshifting.
I read somewhere today that to keep you car in tip top condition you should do the following:
- check oil levels and tyre pressures regularly
- have a service every 6 months
- check tyres and make sure they are legal.
- do not carry stuff in it, make it as light as possible.
- wash it regularly
- have it resprayed when it is 7 years old and it will look as new
- hopefully it will keep going until 10 years old.