Wednesday, February 01, 2006

FEBRUARY WOW FACTOR

Its the first of the month, yippie, I say that with enthousiasm as I think spring must be getting nearer. The WOW factor stands for Well Organised Woman.

So here are some of the things I remind myself to do today:

  • Balancing the accounts
    • This means, checking the bank statements and comparing what money has come in, and what has been paid out, checking the list of standing orders ( payments that go out regularly each month). This little monthly task gives me a more realistic idea of what money is likely to be in my account and then when I need something, I can make sure there us enough in there to cover it. I have been doing this now for a long time and to give you a flavour, last months costs although reduced, are still quite high for food and transport. These are areas I am looking into improving.
  • Birthday checklist
    • I have a birthday book which lists the dates and names of birthdays in the month and at the beginning of the month, I check these out, write the cards, put stamps on them and have them ready to send off when I need to. Relationships are important to me.
  • Christmas planning
    • I know, that sounds just too far away, but only 11 months to go. I will be making a list of the people I wish to give gifts to this year and then start making plans to make them.
  • Garden
    • The garden is still pretty dormant but if my garden is to be my greengrocer this year, I will need to make some plans. More on that later in the week.
  • Family Festivals
    • 2nd February - Candlemas or Groundhog Day
    • 14th February - St Valentines
    • 28th February- Shrove Tuesday, Pancake Day


No comments: