Saturday, February 25, 2006

SAVE OUR POOL

On another note, I am not sure what is happening to our leisure facilities nearby, our nearest pool has been closed and there is talk of the next town's one to be closed because it is not profitable and it is going to be replaced with a supermarket. Apparently the policy has changed no longer requiring local authorities to provide leisure facilities. There are already 5 supermarkets in that town and I wonder why they think they need another one. Taking the splash pool away will make swimming no longer viable for families with small children. The pool currently has a beach and waves and enables toddlers and babies to experience the water and learn to swim in a safe and warm environment. I will do my utmost to write in and put in my pennies worth...one person can make a difference. Maybe it needs another child to drown in a pond to make them realise that swimming in fact is a good skill to learn.

No comments: