Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Being generous

For some of you this is lent and you are giving something up.
I want to inpire you to join a community of people who give generously. Being on a downshifting path is a gift to me as well as the environment. Think yourself generous and check out the website about living generously for a year Simple actions that might simplify your life and put you on track to a slower life.
Some of the actions are as follows :
  • Join the library
  • Join a local food cooperative
  • become an organ donor
  • use less bags when shopping
  • Plant some bulbs
  • share a meal with someone out of your comfort zone

If nothing else, it will make you think about actions that make a difference to others. Give up some time this lent and give generously.

2 comments:

turnip said...

thanks for the link to livelent, I will definitely check that out. Those are wonderful ideas you gave not only on your comment on my blog but in this thread as well. A lot of people are doing "ricebowls" in my church where they put money aside throughout lent in a box which will be given to hunger chariites at the end of lent. I think giving to charity is a great idea too, though probably something we should be doing all year.
Where do you find food co-ops? Can you just do an internet search for your area or does it take more digging? I will have to check that out after we move in a couple of months....

flower power said...

Hi :-)

The "being generous" website looks like a great site! Thank YOU for being generous with the tip! And, I would like to be generous in return as unfortunately the link that you used doesn't work as it has an extra http// in.

You have a great blog by the way! I read it regularly!

With best wishes, Sally