Monday, January 15, 2007

Colds and lemons

Sick Looking Patient and Her Nurse by D. Euesbio



I'm sick. This is predictable usually at this time of the year, as our bodies are usually run down a bit, we lack sunshine etc. I nursed a sick boy at home this week and as is often the case, your kids share everthing with you.

I will do exactly as I did with my son:

  • stay in bed, warm and cosy until at least 10.30 am.
  • drink plenty of hot drinks, at least 1 every hour
  • eat soup and easily digested foods.
  • listen to music or watch tearful old movies ( a favourite when I am poorly)
  • Stay out of the kitchen

Some home remedies for colds and flu days :

Hot lemon drink

press the juice of 2 lemons, add 1 teaspoon of honey and plenty of boiling water.

Elderberry drink

to stop the cold going ont your chest

Chicken soup

Create a wholesome vegetable soup with pieces of chicken.

Aromatherapy

in the burner, I put 3 drops of each pine, eucalyptus and tea tree oil to scent the air ( helps with breathing)

Reflexology

Massage feet and hands to stimulate lymphatic system


That will do for the next few days. There are some easy meals in the freezer and if all fails there is always pasta for them to cook.

Back to the duvet!

No comments: