Thursday, May 17, 2007

Tarte aux pommes

I have lovely memories of apple tarts made by both my grandmothers and whenever the weather drives me in the kitchen and I knead pastry I am reminded of their words, kindness and time they spent showing me how to make this delectable easy feast.

You need a quantity of sweet pastry, shortcrust pastry, rolled out in a flan dish. Slice 4 to 5 apples and put them in layers on the pastry. Sprinkle 100g/ 4 oz of sugar over the apples and put a little dot of butter. Put in the oven at 190 degrees for about 45 minutes or until the apples are baked through and the pastry is done. Then warm up apricot jam or in my case, blackberry jelly) and spread across. It is best kept in the fridge for 1 day if you can resist eating it. In may case it is usually difficult to keep small boys from eying the apple tart standing on the table.

No comments: