Creating a garden plan will assist this year in maximising growth space and create a work plan to enable me to be more precise in my attempts to grow food in the garden. It is not an allotment and has a variety of raised beds that have been used this year. I want to explore possibilities for using the walls and pergola and adding a variety of produce to be grown in containers.
The process of planning the garden :
- create a plan using your drawing skills ( mine are basic)
- create a plan on how your garden space can be enhanced.
- create a list of plants that can be grown in your area( fruits, vegetables, herbs)
- check plants that are already growing in the garden
- create a plan of how growing space can be increased
- analyse soil and how fertility can be increased.
- plan when plants need to be sown, transplanted and harvested
- work schedule for improvements
Its a work in progress, harnessing what the garden provides already and planning what can be introduced.