Tuesday, October 16, 2007

All at sea

We are at that stage in house negotiations where you stand at the end of a cliff and you cross your fingers that all will go ahead in the full knowledge that it might all collapse and you end up where you started, which in our case is a lovely cottage. I dislike uncertainty I have discovered, I can stand some of it but not if it goes on for months.

On days where I am lost a bit, we go out to the seaside, and on a blustery October day when the tourists are absent, Lyme Regis takes on a different atmosphere. We go about once a year, usually in February and are the only ones eating an ice cream when the temperature outside can make it last forever. Today, DH and I, headed off and I took my camera with me, capturing a variety of sights.



This one caught my attention due to its colour combination which brings ice cream sundaes to mind. Further down the beach, a bit of beach art. Lyme Regis has changed a lot over the last 25 years, all that was missing today was the sunshine, apart from that the magic never fails to bring a smile on my face. Home tired and happy.

And still you have to watch the seagulls as they are after your lunch, but magical to watch as they hover in the wind currents. That's exactly how I feel, hovering on an air current. Fly, Fly.......

No comments: