- Reduce the amount that needs washing.
- Wear your clothes more often ( i.e. if it is not visibly dirty, smells put it away)
- When tidying bedrooms, tell the kids not to just dump the clothes in the basket if they could be refolded and put away.
- Kids have showers and sleep in clean bedclothes so new pyamas are not needed every day.
- Give each person in the household a dedicated towel and keep a spare one, wash when necessary.
- have less clothes in the wardrobe, less choice means less washing.
- When you come home having worn your jacket or dress once, dont automatically put it in the washer, check that it is dirty......and if not....put away.
That should save on a lot of washing in the house......instead of 3 load per day we are down to 2 and am still working on reducing that too.