Tuesday, June 27, 2006

IRONY OF TRANSPORT

I must get out more, obviously as I am getting out of practice. What happens when you only take your car on long journeys once in a blue moon......you get a speeding ticket. It was a hot day, I was tired and....on the way back from a lovely Spinning, Dyers and Weavers meeting and talk on Japanese textiles. Thats about the only long distance driving I do and it is about 15 mile away from home. Despite that, I must have missed the 30 mile per hour spot and passed it , as it says at 41mph. Probably not as fast as the man who raced past me some minutes before. Anyhow, the point I want to make is that in 25 years of driving this is my first driving offence, I used to do between 10,000 and 30,000 miles per year on business and now that I am downshifting, it appears I have been noticed for the wrong reasons....maybe it was my time to get unlucky on this or I am just out of practice noticing the yellow boxes in the hedgerow. The laws of probability obviously change when you diminish your driving distance. I cannot walk that distance so will try and share the journey with someone else. Expensive trip out. Kicking myself here while at the same time takeing responsibility as it was me after all. Cannot help muttering something unmentionable at the same time....I am no saint only human after all.

No comments: