Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Optimism

Optimism
Optimism


Did not mean to stun you all in silence with yesterdays post, but thank you all for your good wishes. After receiving some negative news, I reflected on how that news is received by me as a person, by my family and how I can relate that to the bad news we get bombarded with about global warming. I realised that when faced with bad news, I have a tendency to shut down and have a wish to disengage from it and I wonder dear reader if that happened to you too?

When we do, we also close our engagement to any opportunities that this change brings with it.

Personally, I now know that my garden will include a variety of scented plants and a small corner that will be dedicated to reflection with a small solar powered water feature. I sat quietly listening to some choral songs as when my son sings his voice has a clarity that lifts my spirits up. While listening I clearly envisioned a small corner in my garden and began to realise that I have the opportunity to create something peaceful and lovely in a small part of the garden. That idea did not figure before today and thus from my stumbling block a stepping stone has been created to something new and beautiful.

As I looked out of the window at the churchyard, I saw the celandines and snowdrops, a bright sun and a clear frosty day. Things look extremely beautiful today.

Maybe, just maybe this is a stepping stone and not a stumbling block.
How lovely nature can be...

1 comment:

Mark said...

Hi Anne,
Sounds like you are finding your feet,I still chuckle with the thought of you with so much cheese, It's a good job you can do many things with it.

Cheers Mark