Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the 5 min bread

Following on in my search to create a bread each day with less effort, no equipment and maximum flexibility has led me to the discovery of Artisan Bread in 5 mins by Jeff Herzberg and Zoe Francois. Its very easy and you can keep the ready made dough in your fridge for up to 14 days. You can use it to make loaves, pizza bases, flatbreads, pitta breads in a very short time filling the house with the wonderful delights of homebaked bread. You can watch the presentation and recipe in the utube video here:


Once you have the basic recipe, the book provides endless variations on ingredients and types of dough. Artisan in 5 also provides ongoing inspiration.
I have no pizza stone but warmed the baking tray in the oven and then slid the loaf onto it. It worked out fine.

2 comments:

timx said...

My bread-making bible is 'Bread Matters' by Andrew Whitley. Since I read in his book the list of 'processing aids' which go into factory-made bread,I have not bought another loaf. I don't claim to make a loaf in 5 minutes, but am unlikely ever to buy another shop loaf! (And by the way, I have never used a bread machine!)

Anonymous said...

I made this bread on the weekend - excellent - and made great toast too. Quite a revelation.