Monday, April 08, 2019

With a little help ....



A few days ago I had the idea to put some marigold seedlings out into the sunshine. To protect them at night I gave them a blanket, the insert of the packaging received from  www. Pipersfarm.com .  ( one of us  eats meat and buying it from pipers farm means it’s sustainable, grass fed and they even have packaging that can be recycled) so, having recycled the cardboard, inside the refrigerated packaging this wool blanket kept things very cold) First I thought it would be an ideal cover for the compost bin but then I had the idea to insulate my seedlings that may not be completely ready to be planted out.

Upon waking I wondered why it was falling apart but in observing the comings and goings of various birds one little bird must have told another  : ‘hey if you are looking for warm suitable nest material, look no further, that tiny garden there has some for the taking.’

And there I thought recycling was my responsibility solely but I find that with a little help from my nature friends, it’s happening naturally.

No comments: